Remote Learning Offer
What we are doing
We are committed to ensuring that pupils continue to receive high quality learning whilst either in isolation on the ward or at home. The majority of remote learning activities will take place through Google Classroom – classroom.google.com – or through the bespoke package of work received from the home school. Both sources of materials will be made available in the students Google folder of which they have shared access with the centre teachers.
Teachers will upload resources on the day that they are due to teach your child, and lessons set will include a combination of pre-recorded material, PowerPoints, high quality worksheets and use of the chat forum on Google Classroom where possible. During the school day, pupils will be expected to follow each of their classes at its normal time where possible and timetabled.
Submission of work will be monitored and all learning submitted will be given teacher feedback. Home learning tasks that would normally be set as part of the curriculum, will continue to be assigned, and will also be accessed through Google Classroom.
If you require more support on how to help your child to use Google Classroom, then please click here which will take to an instructional video and a short guide. Your child should have received their Google Classroom login details from their Teacher in Charge already.
If your child does not have access to Google Classroom via a computer or mobile device, or there is a problem with internet access, then please speak to the Teacher in Charge in the centre who will be able to assist you further.
Other useful resources
In addition to Google Classrooms, you and your child may wish to access other free resources. Here is a selection that we think may be of use:
- The Oak National Academy has a wealth of online and live lessons for both pupils and parents of all ages. Click here to access.
- The Cambridgeshire Home Learning Platform has a wealth of resources to support what the children have been learning in school. They are also offering some free online streams to keep fit and healthy during the crisis. Click here to access.
- To enjoy more reading with your child, audible is offering free audio-book stories. Click here to access.
- The National Literacy Trust has produced a new book to Comfort, Inspire and Entertain Children in Lockdown. Click the logo below to view.
- Click the NHS logo to watch the NHS hand-washing video and see below for a poster to download.