Pupil referral units have a management committee that acts in the same way as a governing body. The Pilgrim PRU has a management committee that has 3 core strategic functions.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Head of education to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
There are also two sub committees.
- The Curriculum and Standards Committee, who are responsible for monitoring the curriculum and ensuring children and young people, are making good progress.
- The Resources Committee, who is responsible for making sure the budget, is spent efficiently.
The Pilgrim PRU’s management committee includes the head teacher, a staff member, parent representatives, local authority representatives and community members.
Members of the management committee make regular visits to the four centres and provide challenge and support for our work.
The leadership team has maintained the outstanding quality of education in the school since the last inspection
– Oftsed 2016
You, your leaders and the management committee are a reflective, insightful and dedicated group of professionals.
– Ofsted 2016
Olivia Le Blanc
Professor Colleen McLaughlin
Dr Paul Millard