The Pilgrim PRU is an Ofsted registered outstanding medical needs provision which provides education across four hospital schools. We are based in Fulbourn, 5 miles outside of Cambridge, but also have a teaching facility in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s. Completed applications forms may be returned by post to the PRU or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
We recommend that you arrange to visit the Pilgrim PRU site prior to your application, please contact Amanda Morris-Drake, Head of Pilgrim PRU by email email@example.com or telephone 01223 534473.
The Management Committee is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) will be carried out on all successful candidates.
Teacher in Charge, Phoenix Centre
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher to work in an alternative setting.
To meet new challenges and drive further improvement we wish to appoint an exceptional and enthusiastic teacher to the position of Teacher in Charge at the Phoenix Centre.
The Phoenix Centre School is part of the Pilgrim PRU, an outstanding provision which encompasses 4 hospital schools. The Phoenix Centre is a specialist eating disorder unit for young people from the ages of 12 -18 years old.
We seek an individual
- With a passion for teaching and a track record of outstanding practice
- With experience and understanding of mental health in young people
- With excellent communication skills
- With an ability to support, inspire and challenge others
- A chance to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- A learning community with a strong commitment to CPD
- A dedicated and supportive staff team
- A committed and supportive management committee
Closing Date: Friday 14 June 2019
Interviews: w/c 17 June 2019
Position to start: 1 September 2019 or as soon thereafter
Governor within the Pilgrim PRU Management Committee
The Pilgrim PRU Management Committee is looking for new members to join their team.
The Management Committee acts in the same way as a Governing Body and has 3 core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of visions, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Head of education to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Are you a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills?
Are you a critical listener with the ability to ask effective questions?
Can you effectively analysis data and problem solve?
Do you have experience in HR, finance, accounting or the legal world?
Do your skills include leadership, management, marketing or communications?
Do you have the time and enthusiasm to join our team?
This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to support the continued growth and development of the Pilgrim PRU.
Please contact the Clerk to the Governors to arrange a time to visit our school and meet with the Head teacher and the Chair of Governors.