The Pilgrim PRU is an Ofsted registered outstanding medical needs provision which provides education across four hospital schools. We are based in Fulbourn, 5 miles outside of Cambridge, but also have a teaching facility in Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s. Completed applications forms may be returned by post to the PRU or sent by email to email@example.com Incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
We recommend that you arrange to visit the Pilgrim PRU site prior to your application, please contact the office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01223 534473.
The Management Committee is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) will be carried out on all successful candidates.
Salary: Group 2 Leadership Scale L10 – L16
Full Time, Permanent
Start date 1 September 2020
The Pilgrim PRU is an outstanding alternative provision providing education for children and young people during their stay in hospital. We provide a nurturing, friendly and supportive environment and have high expectations for all our students. Every student has unique learning needs, interests and abilities so we aim to provide an individual programme for every student using high-quality teaching and therapeutic interventions. We offer support and encouragement to help them move on to the next stage in their education
Due to the retirement of our current outstanding Headteacher we require an exceptional educational practitioner with the ability and ambition to lead the school into the next phase of its journey. You will continue to develop the high quality of education and care we provide to our young people, whilst successfully navigating a challenging and complex landscape in an expanding multi-site provision. You will also need to build upon on our excellent reputation, work closely with other schools and be committed to further extending links with other agencies and partners.
Working with the Senior Leadership Team you will ensure the highest safeguarding practice standards are maintained and that there is a strong focus on delivering a high quality of education and a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. This position is a permanent role to start in September 2020.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good understanding of SEND and be conversant with all SEND codes of practice, the National Curriculum and relevant external accreditation and their application to children with special needs;
- Be able to support EHCP applications;
- Be committed to keeping all children safe;
- Promote our aims and vision and have consistently high expectations;
- Have experience of working with children and young people with mental health conditions and have a sound understanding of the impact that these can have on children’s learning;
- Be approachable, understanding and emotionally committed to the welfare of pupils and staff;
- Have a thorough understanding of school performance measures and strategic financial planning;
- Have a sound knowledge of current educational legislation, policy and guidance;
- Be committed to working together in partnership with all those involved in the life of the school;
- Have proven senior leadership experience, with the ability to lead a large multi-disciplinary team across three separate sites;
- Have experience of the Ofsted inspection framework and school self-evaluation processes.
What you need to do now:
Review the information in the Headteacher Recruitment Pack.
Visits are strongly encouraged both to our Fulbourn and Addenbrooke’s site and can be made by prior arrangement from 9 December 2020. Please contact the Head teacher, Amanda Morris-Drake on 01223 534473 to arrange this.
Send your letter of interest and complete application form electronically to email@example.com
Governor within the Pilgrim PRU Management Committee
The Pilgrim PRU Management Committee is looking for new members to join their team.
The Management Committee acts in the same way as a Governing Body and has 3 core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of visions, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Head of education to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Are you a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills?
Are you a critical listener with the ability to ask effective questions?
Can you effectively analysis data and problem solve?
Do you have experience in HR, finance, accounting or the legal world?
Do your skills include leadership, management, marketing or communications?
Do you have the time and enthusiasm to join our team?
This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to support the continued growth and development of the Pilgrim PRU.
Please contact the Clerk to the Governors to arrange a time to visit our school and meet with the Head teacher and the Chair of Governors.